Sunday, January 25, 2015

Why I don't feel that I 'fit' into this 'world'. Pt.1

In my earlier posts, I may sound optimistic, now, I'm not so sure. I could consider myself pessimistic, or maybe just being realistic. I wasn't so friendly as I hoped to be, but the loneliness gave me a lot of time, thinking about everything that I felt matters the most. And with those thoughts I often improve them from time to time by using my rationality instead of emotions.

I may have started being dead inside. It's like the saying "Ignorance is bliss". I don't just want to be 'happy', I want to know the truth, and to me it's not worth living a beautiful lie. How do you even choose whether to live with the burden of knowing the ugly, sadistic truth or living in bliss, ignoring its existence? It's a choice between two bad possibilities. Either of these choices will make you lose. The only thing you can do is choose the one that makes you lose less.

Why? Why do I feel as if the truth hurts so much to me to the point of being driven to be having suicidal thoughts? Is it because of how judgemental people are because they can't cope the differences between me and them? Why do I feel that people would never learn to be tolerant towards the wild ideas that I have?

Can you imagine how it's like to live everyday hearing people misunderstand the concepts that you try to come up with and express how much they hate those concepts? And this is before you even tell them about said concepts. I'll give examples (actually maybe a metaphor), examples explain things so much better:

"The general public is not tolerant enough for me."

Prepare yourself for a probably-too-long-post about:
Gay rights
Here we go again urgh. Yes I know it's obvious where I'm going at but you will see why it's not I promise.

We'll take it in a simple level first. Theists felt that they have the right to condemn gay marriages because their religion says so. But, people are arguing that gays would not affect anything to them since they aren't related to theists. This argument basically tells theists to 'go fuck themselves and mind their own business'. This probably means nothing, but the problem is the argument does not help us to develop where anti-gay people and gay people can live peacefully together.

Though there are theists that don't give a damn about gays marrying or not, this case is not enough. There is a difference between accepting gay rights and not caring about gay rights. If these theists were in a religion that forces them to not accept these rights, then they have no choice but to protest.


A few rational people (probably,) try to prove that the bible nor Jesus has anything against gays, but I will not ignore the case that there are religions against gays, and it certainly is real, it's just that gays were so oppressed and no one is willing to make it a big deal similar to the United States was recently, because the risk was too high and they would end up dead.

We'll get to that case later, but for now, let me get something straight about these protesters. Was it wrong for them to express their opinion to reject those rights? "Of course they are wrong! No one is free to take other people's freedom!" It's as if I'm spouting nonsense, questioning the blatantly obvious.

But this wasn't obvious, not until up to recently, and gay rights was indeed deemed to be frowned upon in the past. It was normal to hate gays, to put it bluntly. Some might accept it, but it would be an unpopular opinion. But if there were gay people protesting against these people in the past, what is the difference between the gay protesters in the past and these theist protesters right now? The only difference is the level of rationality they are in. We can debate all life about who is right, but, in actuality, what does the public have to say about people protesting?

If you were to live in the past, you were more likely to think these gay protesters were just idiots, unless you somehow spend some time being more rational than the public.

Take a look right now to these Christians and would you dare say that they were merely idiots for saying something they felt was right? Indeed, there is little difference to how the public views protesters. People just think they are inferior without properly observing the situation.

So were they wrong about standing up to their Bibles and protesting? Maybe, but they do not deserve hatred and condemnation, instead they deserve proper criticism. What we lack as a community is not the tolerance to accept properly constructed ideas, but the tolerance to sit down and try to improve ideas that seem inferior.

I can bring all the small problems to relate to this one, a lot of people just love to hate on Justin Bieber's music, but for the reason that he was an immoral human being. Yet I am still waiting a constructive criticism as how his music is actually awful. It still doesn't mean I like listening to him, I just don't happen to listen. Everyone hates the Call of Duty series, implying that the game was too easy, but were there any people properly mentioning on how it can improve? No I don't play FPS anymore.


Maybe he actually is, but judging him by just that is not enough to prove it.


Maybe they're nice people? They might disgust people and by that it might also offend, but I don't think we should discriminate and hate them. But we can ask and/or suggest them if there were other choices that would make them happier with their appearances, because that... really just doesn't seem so comfortable for them.
Sometimes the majority appeals to their emotions rather than equality for each human being, this could be one of those cases. Maybe he's just joking anyway, the other guy wasn't completely right in my opinion either way, we do have a right to 'give a damn fuck about how they look'.


And hey, people like to think that the government will take every chance they get to take advantage over the citizens, right? Do you actually think they wouldn't have thought of the ways to solve those seemingly simple problems just like how you thought? Maybe I'm just being unreasonable, maybe your government really does suck at solving problems, but which is more likely? Do you feel you gathered enough evidence to prove such a case? Yes? Oh, so we're in the same boat now. At least for that case in matter.

Continued later~

No comments:

Post a Comment